orb: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ôrb), [key]
- a sphere or globe: a Christmas tree hung with brightly colored orbs.
- the eyeball or eye: He looks with blind orbs on an indifferent world.
- any of the heavenly bodies, as the sun or moon: He lay on the grass, warmed by that orb of day, the sun.
- a globe bearing a cross; the mound or emblem of sovereignty, esp. as part of the regalia of England.
- the number of degrees from exactness within which an aspect operates.
- a circle or something circular.
- (formerly) the orbit of a heavenly body.
- the earth.
- to form into a circle or sphere.
- to encircle; enclose.
- to move in an orbit.
- to form into an orb or globe; round out.
- orb (Thesaurus)