Meaning of oneself
Pronunciation: (wun-self', wunz-), [key]
- a person's self (used for emphasis or reflexively): One often hurts oneself accidentally.
- One makes more friends by being oneself than by putting on airs.
- to be in one's normal state of mind or physical condition.
- to be unaffected and sincere:One makes more friends by being oneself than by putting on airs.
- to become a millionaire by oneself.
- without a companion; alone.
- through one's own efforts; unaided:to become a millionaire by oneself.
- Also,come to.to regain consciousness.
- to regain one's self-possession; come to one's senses. Also,one's&prim; self&prim;.