Meaning of occupancy
Pronunciation: (ok'yu-pun-sē), [key]
— pl. -cies.
- the act, state, or condition of being or becoming a tenant or of living in or taking up quarters or space in or on something: Continued occupancy of the office depends on a rent reduction.
- the possession or tenancy of a property: You can have occupancy on June 1st.
- the act of taking possession, as of a property.
- the term during which one is an occupant.
- the condition of being occupied: Occupancy of the auditorium is limited to 1200 people.
- the use to which property is put.
- exercise of dominion over property that has no owner so as to become the legal owner.
- occupancy (Thesaurus)