obsolete: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ob"su-lēt', ob'su-lēt"), [key]
— adj., v., -let•ed, -let•ing.
- no longer in general use; fallen into disuse: an obsolete expression.
- of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date: an obsolete battleship.
- (of a linguistic form) no longer in use, esp., out of use for at least the past century. Cf.
- effaced by wearing down or away.
- imperfectly developed or rudimentary in comparison with the corresponding character in other individuals, as of the opposite sex or of a related species.
- to make obsolete by replacing with something newer or better; antiquate: Automation has obsoleted many factory workers.
- obsolete (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.