Meaning of observance
Pronunciation: (ub-zûr'vuns), [key]
- an act or instance of following, obeying, or conforming to: the observance of traffic laws.
- a keeping or celebration by appropriate procedure, ceremonies, etc.: the observance of the Sabbath.
- a procedure, ceremony, or rite, as for a particular occasion: patriotic observances.
- a rule or custom to be followed or obeyed; a customary practice.
- a rule or discipline for a religious house or order.
- a house or order observing a rule or discipline.
- an act or instance of watching, noting, or perceiving; observation.
- respectful attention or service.
- courteous attention as to a person; dutiful service.
- observance (Thesaurus)