obliquity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-blik'wi-t?, ?-blik'-), [key]
? pl. -ties.
- the state of being oblique.
- divergence from moral conduct, rectitude, etc.; immorality, dishonesty, or the like.
- an instance of such divergence.
- mental perversity.
- an instance of mental perversity.
- an inclination or a degree of inclination.
- a confusing or obscure statement or passage of writing, esp. one deliberately made obscure.
- Also calledthe angle between the plane of the earth's orbit and that of the earth's equator, equal to 2327&minsym;; the inclination of the earth's equator.
- obliquity (Thesaurus)