Meaning of nuzzle
Pronunciation: (nuz'ul), [key]
— v., n. -zled, -zling,
- to burrow or root with the nose, snout, etc., as an animal does: a rabbit nuzzling into the snow.
- to thrust the nose, muzzle, etc.: The dog nuzzled up to his master.
- to lie very close to someone or something; cuddle or snuggle up.
- to root up with the nose, snout, etc.: training pigs to nuzzle truffles from the ground.
- to touch or rub with the nose, snout, muzzle, etc.
- to thrust the nose, muzzle, snout, etc., against or into: The horse was nuzzling my pocket for sugar.
- to thrust (the nose or head), as into something.
- to lie very close to; cuddle or snuggle up to.
- an affectionate embrace or cuddle.
- nuzzle (Thesaurus)