Meaning of now
Pronunciation: (nou), [key]
- at the present time or moment: You are now using a dictionary.
- without further delay; immediately; at once: Either do it now or not at all.
- at this time or juncture in some period under consideration or in some course of proceedings described: The case was now ready for the jury.
- at the time or moment immediately past: I saw him just now on the street.
- in these present times; nowadays: Now you rarely see horse-drawn carriages.
- under the present or existing circumstances; as matters stand: I see now what you meant.
- (used to introduce a statement or question): Now, you don't really mean that.
- (used to strengthen a command, entreaty, or the like): Now stop that!
- inasmuch as; since: Now that she is rich and famous, she is constantly being besieged by appeals for aid.
- inasmuch as; since: Now you're here, why not stay for dinner?
- the present time or moment: Up to now no one has volunteered.
- up-to-the-minute; encompassing the latest ideas, fads, or fashions: the now look; the now generation.
- negotiable order of withdrawal.
- now (Thesaurus)