novelty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nov'ul-tē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ties,
- state or quality of being novel, new, or unique; newness: the novelty of a new job.
- a novel occurrence, experience, or proceeding: His sarcastic witticisms had ceased being an entertaining novelty.
- an article of trade whose value is chiefly decorative, comic, or the like and whose appeal is often transitory: a store catering to tourists who loaded up with souvenir pennants and other novelties.
- (of a weave) consisting of a combination of basic weaves.
- (of a fabric or garment) having a pattern or design produced by a novelty weave.
- (of yarn) having irregularities within the fibrous structure.
- of or pertaining to novelties as articles of trade: novelty goods; novelty items.
- having or displaying novelties: novelty shop.
- novelty (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.