Meaning of noodle
- a narrow strip of unleavened egg dough that has been rolled thin and dried, boiled, and served alone or in soups, casseroles, etc.; a ribbon-shaped pasta.
- the head.
- a fool or simpleton.
— v., -dled, -dling.
- to improvise a musical passage in a casual manner, esp. as a warm-up exercise.
- to noodle with numbers as a hobby.
- to play; toy:to noodle with numbers as a hobby.
- to improvise, experiment, or think creatively:The writers noodled for a week and came up with a better idea for the ad campaign.
- She denied that she had noodled the statistics to get a favorable result.
- to manipulate or tamper with:She denied that she had noodled the statistics to get a favorable result.
- to make or devise freely as an exercise or experiment (sometimes fol. by up):The architects noodled up a model of a solar house.
- to play, experiment, or improvise.
- noodle (Thesaurus)