Meaning of no man's land
no' man's" land"
- an area between opposing armies, over which no control has been established.
- an unowned or unclaimed tract of usually barren land.
- an indefinite or ambiguous area where guidelines and authority are not clear: a no man's land between acceptance and rejection.
- (in tennis, handball, etc.) the area of a court in which a player is at a tactical disadvantage, as the area of a tennis court about midway between the net and the base line.
- no man's land (Thesaurus)