Meaning of New Castle
- a city in W Pennsylvania. 33,621.
- a city in E Indiana. 20,056.
Pronunciation: (n'kas"ul, -kä"sul, ny'-), [key]
- Also calleda seaport in Tyne and Wear, in NE England, on the Tyne River: shipbuilding; major coal center. 295,700.
- a seaport in E New South Wales, in SE Australia. 146,900.
- a town in SE Ontario, in S Canada, NE of Toronto, on Lake Ontario. 32,229.
- to take something to a place where its kind exists in great quantity.
- to do something wholly unnecessary.
- New Castle (Thesaurus)