Meaning of neuter
Pronunciation: (n'tur, ny'-), [key]
- noting or pertaining to a gender that refers to things classed as neither masculine nor feminine.
- (of a verb) intransitive.
- having no organs of reproduction; without sex; asexual.
- having imperfectly developed sexual organs, as the worker bees and ants.
- having neither stamens nor pistils; asexual.
- neutral; siding with no one.
- the neuter gender.
- a noun of that gender.
- another element marking that gender.
- an intransitive verb.
- an animal made sterile by castration or spaying.
- a neuter insect.
- a person or thing that is neutral.
- to spay or castrate (a dog, cat, etc.).
- neuter (Thesaurus)