neighborhood: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nā'bur-hood"), [key]
- the area or region around or near some place or thing; vicinity: the kids of the neighborhood; located in the neighborhood of Jackson and Vine streets.
- a district or locality, often with reference to its character or inhabitants: a fashionable neighborhood; to move to a nicer neighborhood.
- a number of persons living near one another or in a particular locality: The whole neighborhood was there.
- neighborly feeling or conduct.
- nearness; proximity: to sense the neighborhood of trouble.
- an open set that contains a given point.
- approximately; nearly; about: She looks to be in the neighborhood of 70.
- neighborhood (Thesaurus)