Meaning of neighbor
Pronunciation: (nā'bur), [key]
- a person who lives near another.
- a person or thing that is near another.
- one's fellow human being: to be generous toward one's less fortunate neighbors.
- a person who shows kindliness or helpfulness toward his or her fellow humans: to be a neighbor to someone in distress.
- (used as a term of address, esp. as a friendly greeting to a stranger): Tell me, neighbor, which way to town?
- situated or living near another: one of our neighbor nations.
- to live or be situated near to; adjoin; border on.
- to place or bring near.
- to live or be situated nearby.
- to associate with or as if with one's neighbors; be neighborly or friendly (often fol. by with).
- neighbor (Thesaurus)