nationalism: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nash'u-nl-iz"um, nash'nu-liz"-), [key]
- national spirit or aspirations.
- devotion and loyalty to one's own nation; patriotism.
- excessive patriotism; chauvinism.
- the desire for national advancement or independence.
- the policy or doctrine of asserting the interests of one's own nation, viewed as separate from the interests of other nations or the common interests of all nations.
- an idiom or trait peculiar to a nation.
- a movement, as in the arts, based upon the folk idioms, history, aspirations, etc., of a nation.
- nationalism (Thesaurus)