Meaning of mural
Pronunciation: (myoor'ul), [key]
- a large picture painted or affixed directly on a wall or ceiling.
- a greatly enlarged photograph attached directly to a wall.
- a wallpaper pattern representing a landscape or the like, often with very widely spaced repeats so as to produce the effect of a mural painting on a wall of average size; a trompe l'oeil.
- of, pertaining to, or resembling a wall.
- executed on or affixed to a wall: mural inscriptions.
- pertaining to any of several astronomical instruments that were affixed to a wall aligned on the plane of a meridian, and were formerly used to measure the altitude of celestial bodies: a mural quadrant; a mural circle.
- mural (Thesaurus)