mouthpiece: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mouth'pēs"), [key]
- a piece placed at or forming the mouth, as of a receptacle or tube.
- a piece or part, as of an instrument, to which the mouth is applied or which is held in the mouth: the mouthpiece of a trumpet.
- the part of a bit or bridle, as for a horse, that passes through the animal's mouth.
- a person, newspaper, etc., that conveys the opinions or sentiments of others; spokesperson.
- a lawyer, esp. a criminal lawyer.
- mouthpiece (Thesaurus)