Meaning of morphology
Pronunciation: (môr-fol'u-jē), [key]
- the branch of biology dealing with the form and structure of organisms.
- the form and structure of an organism considered as a whole.
- the patterns of word formation in a particular language, including inflection, derivation, and composition.
- the study and description of such patterns.
- the study of the behavior and combination of morphemes.
- the form or structure of anything: to gain an insight into the morphology of our political system.
- the study of the form or structure of anything.
- morphology (Thesaurus)