morph: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (môrf), [key]
- a sequence of phonemes constituting a minimal unit of grammar or syntax, and, as such, a representation, member, or contextual variant of a morpheme in a specific environment. Cf.(def. 2).
- an individual of one particular form, as a worker ant, in a species that occurs in two or more forms.
- to transform (an image) by computer.
- var. ofbefore a vowel: morpheme.
- a combining form meaning “form, structure,” of the kind specified by the initial element: isomorph.
- morph (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.