monster: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mon'stur), [key]
- a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.
- any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.
- any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.
- a person who excites horror by wickedness, cruelty, etc.
- any animal or thing huge in size.
- an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure, as from marked malformation or the absence of certain parts or organs.
- a grossly anomalous fetus or infant, esp. one that is not viable.
- anything unnatural or monstrous.
- huge; enormous; monstrous: a monster tree.
- monster (Thesaurus)