modulate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (moj'u-lāt"), [key]
— v., -lat•ed, -lat•ing.
- to regulate by or adjust to a certain measure or proportion; soften; tone down.
- to alter or adapt (the voice) according to the circumstances, one's listener, etc.
- to attune to a certain pitch or key.
- to vary the volume of (tone).
- to cause the amplitude, frequency, phase, or intensity of (a carrier wave) to vary in accordance with a sound wave or other signal, the frequency of the signal wave usually being very much lower than that of the carrier.
- Enjoyed modulating with you.
- to modulate a carrier wave.
- CB Slang.to talk; visit:Enjoyed modulating with you.
- to pass from one key to another: to modulate abruptly from A to B flat.
- modulate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.