mobilize: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mō'bu-līz"), [key]
— v., -lized, -liz•ing.
- to assemble or marshal (armed forces, military reserves, or civilian persons of military age) into readiness for active service.
- to organize or adapt (industries, transportation facilities, etc.) for service to the government in time of war.
- to marshal, bring together, prepare (power, force, wealth, etc.) for action, esp. of a vigorous nature: to mobilize one's energy.
- to increase or bring to a full stage of development: to mobilize one's anger.
- to be or become assembled, organized, etc., as for war: to mobilize for action.
- mobilize (Thesaurus)