Meaning of mixer
Pronunciation: (mik'sur), [key]
- a person or thing that mixes.
- a person, with reference to sociability: She's a good mixer to have at a large party.
- a kitchen utensil or an electrical appliance having one or more beaters and used in mixing, beating, or blending foods.
- a beverage, as ginger ale, fruit juice, or soda water that can be combined with liquor to produce a mixed drink, esp. a highball.
- an electronic device for blending, fading, substitution, etc., of sounds from various sources, as from microphones or separately recorded soundtracks, for broadcast or recording.
- Radio and Television, Recording. a technician who operates a mixer in a studio.
- the person responsible for the original recording of a movie soundtrack. Cf.
- a social event, as a party or dance, where people can meet informally.
- a container for blending and storing molten pig iron from several blast furnaces.
- mixer (Thesaurus)