Meaning of mixed
Pronunciation: (mikst), [key]
- put together or formed by mixing.
- composed of different constituents or elements: a mixed form of government.
- of different kinds combined: mixed nuts; mixed emotions.
- involving or comprised of persons of different sex, class, character, belief, religion, or race: mixed company; a mixed neighborhood.
- involving more than one issue or aspect: a mixed question of law and fact.
- (of a vowel) central.
- (of partial derivatives) of second or higher order and involving differentiation with respect to more than one variable.
- (of trains) composed of both passenger and freight cars.
- containing quantifiers of unlike kind.
- (of a stock or commodity market) characterized by uneven price movements, with some prices rising and others falling.
- mixed (Thesaurus)