Meaning of miner
Pronunciation: (mī'nur), [key]
- Also calleda person who works in a mine, esp. a commercial mine producing coal or metallic ores.
- a mechanical device used in mining: a miner for extracting ores from the ocean floor.
- any of several Australian birds of the genus Manorina, feeding on honey and typically having a loud call.
- any of various insect larvae that create tunnels in the parenchyma of leaves.
- (formerly) a person who places or lays military or naval mines.
- miner (Thesaurus)