Meaning of mimic
Pronunciation: (mim'ik), [key]
— v., n., adj. -icked, -ick•ing,
- to imitate or copy in action, speech, etc., often playfully or derisively.
- to imitate in a servile or unthinking way; ape.
- to be an imitation of; simulate; resemble closely.
- a person who mimics, esp. a performer skilled in mimicking others.
- a copy or imitation of something.
- a performer in a mime.
- imitating or copying something, often on a smaller scale: a mimic battle.
- apt at or given to imitating; imitative; simulative.
- mimic (Thesaurus)