Meaning of million
Pronunciation: (mil'yun), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -lions, -lion,
- a cardinal number, a thousand times one thousand.
- a symbol for this number, as 1,000,000 or &Mmacr;.
- a number between 1,000,000 and 999,999,999, as in referring to an amount of money: His fortune was in the millions of dollars.
- the amount of a thousand thousand units of money, as pounds, dollars, or francs: The three Dutch paintings fetched a million.
- a very great number of times: Thanks a million.
- orthe mass of the common people; the multitude: poetry for the millions.
- amounting to one million in number.
- amounting to a very great number: a million things to do.
- million (Thesaurus)