Meaning of mid
- being at or near the middle point of: in mid autumn.
- being or occupying a middle place or position: in the mid nineties of the last century.
- (of a vowel) articulated with an opening above the tongue relatively intermediate between those for high and low: the vowels of beet, bet, and hot are respectively high, mid, and low. Cf.(def. 23),(def. 30).
- the middle.
— n. Informal.
- a midshipman.
- a combining form representing in compound words: midday; mid-Victorian.
- Master of Industrial Design.
- mid (Thesaurus)