micro: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mī'krō), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -cros.
- extremely small.
- minute in scope or capability.
- of or pertaining to microcomputers.
- of or pertaining to microeconomics.
- anything extremely small in scope or capability.
- a microcomputer.
- a combining form with the meanings “small” (microcosm; microgamete), “very small in comparison with others of its kind” (microcassette; microlith), “too small to be seen by the unaided eye” (microfossil; microorganism), “dealing with extremely minute organisms, organic structures, or quantities of a substance” (microdissection; microscope), “localized, restricted in scope or area” (microburst; microhabitat), “(of a discipline) focusing on a restricted area” (microeconomics), “containing or dealing with texts that require enlargement to be read” (microfilm; microreader), “one millionth” (microgram).
- micro (Thesaurus)