Meaning of meat
Pronunciation: (mēt), [key]
- the flesh of animals as used for food.
- the edible part of anything, as a fruit or nut: Crack the walnuts and remove the meats.
- the essential point or part of an argument, literary work, etc.; gist; crux: The meat of the play is the jealousy between the two brothers.
- solid food: meat and drink.
- solid or substantial content; pith: The article was full of meat, with few wasted words.
- a favorite occupation, activity, etc.: Chess in his meat.
- pork, esp. bacon.
- . penis.
- the principal meal: to say grace before meat.
- a person regarded merely as a sex object.
- a person, as a prizefighter or laborer, regarded merely as a strong or useful physical specimen.
- meat (Thesaurus)