Meaning of marvel
Pronunciation: (mär'vul), [key]
— n., v., -veled, -vel•ing -velled, -vel•ling.
- something that causes wonder, admiration, or astonishment; a wonderful thing; a wonder or prodigy: The new bridge is an engineering marvel.
- the feeling of wonder; astonishment.
- to wonder at (usually fol. by a clause as object): I marvel that you were able to succeed against such odds.
- to wonder or be curious about (usually fol. by a clause as object): A child marvels that the stars can be.
- to be filled with wonder, admiration, or astonishment, as at something surprising or extraordinary: I marvel at your courage.
- marvel (Thesaurus)