marker: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mär'kur), [key]
- a person or thing that marks.
- something used as a mark or indication, as a bookmark or tombstone.
- a person who records the scores, points, etc., as in a game or contest.
- a counter used in card playing.
- an object, as a book or topcoat left at a library table, used to establish territorial possession in a public place.
- an element of a construction, as a coordinating conjunction, that is not a part of either immediate constituent.
- an element that indicates the grammatical class or function of a construction.
- a small radio beacon, automatically operated, used for local navigation of vessels.
- Also calleda pen designed for making bold, colorful, or indelible marks, as in making signs or identifying objects.
- a debt, esp. a gambling debt.
- a written or signed promise to pay a debt, esp. a gambling debt; a promissory note or IOU.
- Also calleda grade of oil on which prices of other crude oils are based.
- one's location while driving on a highway, as determined by the nearest milepost.
- marker (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.