Meaning of maintenance
Pronunciation: (mān'tu-nuns), [key]
- the act of maintaining.
- the state of being maintained: the maintenance of friendly relations with England.
- care or upkeep, as of machinery or property: With proper maintenance the car will last for many years.
- means of upkeep, support, or subsistence; livelihood: to provide a comfortable maintenance.
- alimony or child support.
- an officious meddling in a suit in which the meddler has no interest, by assisting either party with means to prosecute or defend it.
- administered to sustain a desired physiological or mental condition: maintenance dose.
- maintenance (Thesaurus)