Meaning of main line
- a principal line or route of a railroad, as contrasted with a branch or secondary one.
- a principal highway.
- a prominent and readily accessible vein of the body that may be used for a narcotic's injection.
- the act of mainlining.
- a fashionable residential district west of Philadelphia.
- any fashionable district where socially prominent people live.
Pronunciation: (mān'līn", -līn'), [key]
— v., adj. -lined, -lin•ing,
- having a principal, established, or widely accepted position; major; mainstream: the membership of mainline churches.
- mainline (Thesaurus)