Meaning of magnify
Pronunciation: (mag'nu-fī"), [key]
— v., -fied, -fy•ing.
- to increase the apparent size of, as a lens does.
- to make greater in actual size; enlarge: to magnify a drawing in preparing for a fresco.
- to cause to seem greater or more important; attribute too much importance to; exaggerate: to magnify one's difficulties.
- to make more exciting; intensify; dramatize; heighten: The playwright magnified the conflict to get her point across.
- to extol; praise: to magnify the Lord.
- to increase or be able to increase the apparent or actual size of an object.
- magnify (Thesaurus)