machinery: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mu-shē'nu-rē), [key]
— pl. -er•ies.
- an assemblage of machines or mechanical apparatuses: the machinery of a factory.
- the parts of a machine, collectively: the machinery of a watch.
- a group of people or a system by which action is maintained or by which some result is obtained: the machinery of government.
- a group of contrivances for producing stage effects.
- the group or aggregate of literary machines, esp. those of supernatural agencyin an epic poem.
- machinery (Thesaurus)