luxury: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (luk'shu-rē, lug'zhu-), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ries,
- a material object, service, etc., conducive to sumptuous living, usually a delicacy, elegance, or refinement of living rather than a necessity: Gold cufflinks were a luxury not allowed for in his budget.
- free or habitual indulgence in or enjoyment of comforts and pleasures in addition to those necessary for a reasonable standard of well-being: a life of luxury on the French Riviera.
- a means of ministering to such indulgence or enjoyment: This travel plan gives you the luxury of choosing which countries you can visit.
- a pleasure out of the ordinary allowed to oneself: the luxury of an extra piece of the cake.
- a foolish or worthless form of self-indulgence: the luxury of self-pity.
- lust; lasciviousness; lechery.
- of, pertaining to, or affording luxury: a luxury hotel.
- luxury (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.