Meaning of lubricate
Pronunciation: (l'bri-kāt"), [key]
— v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to apply some oily or greasy substance to (a machine, parts of a mechanism, etc.) in order to diminish friction; oil or grease (something).
- to make slippery or smooth; apply a lubricant to: to lubricate one's hands with a lotion.
- to smooth over, as a difficulty or human relationship; ease: to lubricate the friction between enemies.
- to provide with intoxicating drinks.
- to bribe.
- to act as a lubricant.
- to apply a lubricant to something.
- to drink or become drunk.
- lubricate (Thesaurus)