Lowell: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lō'ul), [key]
- 1856–1943, political scientist and educator: president of Harvard University 1909–33.
- his sister,1874–1925, U.S. poet and critic.
- 1819–91, U.S. poet, essayist, and diplomat.
- 1855–1916, U.S. astronomer and author (brother of Abbott Lawrence Lowell and Amy Lowell).
- 1917–77, U.S. poet.
- a city in NE Massachusetts, on the Merrimack River. 92,418.
- a male given name: from a Germanic word meaning “little wolf.”
- lowell (Thesaurus)