Meaning of lounge
Pronunciation: (lounj), [key]
— v., n. lounged, loung•ing,
- to pass time idly and indolently.
- to rest or recline indolently; loll: We lounged in the sun all afternoon.
- to go or move in a leisurely, indolent manner; saunter (usually fol. by around, along, off, etc.).
- to pass (time) in lounging (usually fol. by away or out): to lounge away the afternoon.
- a sofa for reclining, sometimes backless, having a headrest at one end.
- a place for sitting, waiting, smoking, etc., esp. a large public room, as in a hotel, theater, or air terminal, often with adjoining washrooms.
- a section on a train, plane, or ship having various club or social facilities.
- a cocktail lounge.
- the act or a period of lounging.
- a lounging gait.
- lounge (Thesaurus)