Meaning of longitudinal
Pronunciation: (lon"ji-td'n-l, -tyd'-), [key]
- of or pertaining to longitude or length: longitudinal measurement.
- extending in the direction of the length of a thing; running lengthwise: a thin, longitudinal stripe.
- pertaining to or extending along the long axis of the body, or the direction from front to back, or head to tail.
- pertaining to a research design or survey in which the same subjects are observed repeatedly over a period of time.
- a longitudinal framing member, as in the hull of a ship.
- longitudinal (Thesaurus)