locomotive: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lō"ku-mō'tiv), [key]
- a self-propelled, vehicular engine, powered by steam, a diesel, or electricity, for pulling or, sometimes, pushing a train or individual railroad cars.
- an organized group cheer, usually led by a cheerleader, as at a football or basketball game, that begins slowly and progressively increases in speed in such a way as to suggest a steam locomotive.
- any self-propelled vehicle.
- of or pertaining to locomotives.
- of, pertaining to, or aiding in locomotion or movement from place to place: the locomotive powers of most animals.
- moving or traveling by means of its own mechanism or powers.
- serving to produce such movement; adapted for or used in locomotion: locomotive organs.
- having the power of locomotion: an animal that is locomotive at birth.
- locomotive (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.