list: Meaning and Definition of
- to set down together in a list; make a list of: to list the membership of a club.
- to enter in a list, directory, catalog, etc.: to list him among the members.
- to place on a list of persons to be watched, excluded, restricted, etc.
- to print or display in a list: Let's list the whole program and see where the bug is.
- to register (a security) on a stock exchange so that it may be traded there.
- to be offered for sale, as in a catalog, at a specified price: This radio lists at $49.95.
- made of selvages or strips of cloth.
- to produce furrows and ridges on (land) with a lister.
- to prepare (ground) for planting by making ridges and furrows.
- to cut away a narrow strip of wood from the edge of (a stave, plank, etc.).
- to apply a border or edge to.
- (of a ship or boat) to incline to one side; careen: The ship listed to starboard.
- to cause (a vessel) to incline to one side: The shifting of the cargo listed the ship to starboard.
- to please.
- to like or desire.
- to like; wish; choose.
- to listen.
- to listen to.
- 1789–1846, U.S. political economist and journalist, born in Germany.
- list (Thesaurus)