Meaning of liquid
Pronunciation: (lik'wid), [key]
- composed of molecules that move freely among themselves but do not tend to separate like those of gases; neither gaseous nor solid.
- of, pertaining to, or consisting of liquids: a liquid diet.
- flowing like water.
- clear, transparent, or bright: liquid eyes.
- (of sounds, tones, etc.) smooth; agreeable; flowing freely: the liquid voice of a trained orator.
- in cash or readily convertible into cash without significant loss of principal: liquid assets.
- characterizing a frictionless speech sound pronounced with only a partial obstruction of the breath stream and whose utterance can be prolonged as that of a vowel, esp. l and r.
- (of movements, gestures, etc.) graceful; smooth; free and unconstricted: the ballerina's liquid arabesques.
- a liquid substance.
- either r or l, and sometimes m, n, ng.
- liquid (Thesaurus)