Meaning of likely
Pronunciation: (līk'lē), [key]
— adj., adv. -li•er, -li•est,
- probably or apparently destined (usually fol. by an infinitive): something not likely to happen.
- seeming like truth, fact, or certainty; reasonably to be believed or expected; believable: a likely story.
- seeming to fulfill requirements or expectations; apparently suitable: a likely place for a restaurant.
- showing promise of achievement or excellence; promising: a fine, likely young man.
- probably: We will likely stay home this evening.
- likely (Thesaurus)