light weight: Meaning and Definition of
— Naut. Naut.
Pronunciation: (līt'wāt"), [key]
- light in weight.
- being lighter in weight, texture, etc., than another item or object of identical use, quality, or function: a lightweight topcoat; a lightweight alloy for ship construction.
- without seriousness of purpose; trivial or trifling: lightweight reading.
- of or pertaining to a lightweight: He's the new lightweight contender.
- (of a horse, esp. a hunter) able to carry up to 165 lb. (75 kg).
- a person of less than average weight.
- a person who is of little influence, importance, or effect.
- a boxer or other contestant intermediate in weight between a featherweight and a welterweight, esp. a professional boxer weighing between 126 and 135 lb. (56.7–61 kg).
- lightweight (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.