Meaning of letdown
Pronunciation: (let'doun"), [key]
- a decrease in volume, force, energy, etc.: a letdown in sales; a general letdown of social barriers.
- disillusionment, discouragement, or disappointment: The job was a letdown.
- depression; deflation: He felt a terrible letdown at the end of the play.
- the accelerated movement of milk into the mammary glands of lactating mammals upon stimulation, as by massage or suckling.
- the descent of an aircraft from a higher to a lower altitude preparatory to making an approach and landing or to making a target run or the like.
- letdown (Thesaurus)