Meaning of leopard
Pronunciation: (lep'urd), [key]
- a large, spotted Asian or African carnivore, Panthera pardus, of the cat family, usually tawny with black markings; the Old World panther: all leopard populations are threatened or endangered.
- the fur or pelt of this animal.
- any of various related cats resembling this animal.
- a lion represented from the side as walking, usually with one forepaw raised, and looking toward the spectator.
- an Anglo-Gallic gold coin issued by Edward III, equal to half a florin, bearing the figure of a leopard.
- a silver Anglo-Gallic coin issued by Henry V.
- (cap.)a 42-ton (38-m ton) West German tank with a 105mm gun.
- leopard (Thesaurus)