lecture: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lek'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a speech read or delivered before an audience or class, esp. for instruction or to set forth some subject: a lecture on Picasso's paintings.
- a speech of warning or reproof as to conduct; a long, tedious reprimand.
- to give a lecture or series of lectures: He spent the year lecturing to various student groups.
- to deliver a lecture to or before; instruct by lectures.
- to rebuke or reprimand at some length: He lectured the child regularly but with little effect.
- lecture (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.